Monday, April 23, 2012

Have you read the 30 World Book Night books?

Today, or make that tonight, the U.S. celebrates its first World Book Night. Even Dahlonega is throwing a World Book Night party, hosted by the Lumpkin County Literacy Coalition, from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Dahlonega Chick-Fil-A.

On the official World Book Night web site, 30 books are listed as must-reads. After a quick look at the list, to my surprise, the list wasn't filled with books by Shakespeare or Tolstoy. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins and Michael Connelly's Blood Games were on the list, but so were Maya Angelous' I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings and John Irving's A Prayer for Owen Meany (which just happens to be a D&B all-time favorite read.)

One thing for sure. We've got a lot of reading to do to check off all the books on the World Book Night list. How many have you read?

1 comment:

  1. My score is Zero, but I saw three of the movies... Can I get part credit for owning more than 600 other books, many of which I have read more than once?

    I read 26 of Mrs. Branch's list of 100...

    ReplyDelete