In Atlanta, people were shoved, pushed, scraped, hit, and fired upon just for those $180 white leather shoes. (While stores sold out of these shoes within minutes, if you really want a pair, ebay is selling them for $450.)
Why no big Nike shoe rush in Dahlonega and Beyond? Here's just a few reasons we doubt that will never happen here:
- The 'malls' we have are more inclined to have Walmart as the anchor store...not a Nike or a Macy's.
- Walmart isn't known for carrying sports shoes in the $100+ range.
- Most counties in North Georgia don't even have 9,000 people living in them.
- People try to avoid buying white shoes because Georgia red clay makes a horrible mess on the soles.
- We've got more important things to spend our money on.