|Happy Labor Day|
Not sure what you want to do? Here are a few suggestions:
- Go meet the newest and extremely rare Zedonk at the North Georgia Zoo. This is also the weekend that the Zoo's Scarecrow Trail opens.
- Picnic in Lumpkin County's Yahoola Creek Park. Hike the trails, wade in the creek and eat lunch at a table next to the creek.
- Shop in downtown Dahlonega and pick up a piece of fudge at the Dahlonega Fudge Factory.
- Pick a pumpkin and explore the corn maze at Uncle Shuck's in Dawsonville on Hwy. 53.
- Take a hike on one of the many trails at Amicolola Falls and Vogel State Parks
- Visit the Georgia Racing Hall of Fame in Dawsonville. Then grab a world-famous Bully Burger with extra crispy beer fries at the Dawsonville Pool Room restaurant.
- Take in the Labor Day sales at the North Georgia Premium outlets off Hwy. 400 in Dawsonville. Be prepared for crowds. People across Georgia shop at this massive outlet center sales where prices are slashed dramatically for Labor Day weeknd.
- Sail, water ski, or jet ski on the beautiful Lake Lanier. Of course, if you are boatless as are D&B, you might have some trouble doing any of these.