Now admittedly, we don't have absolute confirmation regarding the new product, but word on the street is that the local distillery will soon market another new region-oriented - Apple Brandy.
What an appropriate adult beverage to come from the Dawsonville distillery. After all, quite a few apple orchards can be found in a 20 mile radius of the Moonshine Distillery, so the distillery won't have to go far to apple pick.
We're sure that the Dawsonville Distillery has their own apple brandy recipe, but just in case they don't, here's one from Taste of Home.
HOW TO MAKE APPLE BRANDY
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 4 pounds apples, sliced
- 1 liter brandy
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- Additional whole cloves and cinnamon sticks
- Combine sugar and water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- Place apples in a large glass or plastic container; add the sugar mixture, brandy, cloves and cinnamon stick. Cover and let stand at room temperature for at least two weeks, stirring once a week.
- Strain brandy mixture; discard apples and spices. Pour into glass bottles. Place an additional three cloves and one cinnamon stick in each bottle. Yield: 2 quarts.