Wednesday, January 30, 2013

We Keurig. Do You?

Nothing like a great cup of coffee...at least that's what people always tell me, but unfortunately, brewing that perfect cup of coffee always seemed to allude me. First I experimented with the percolator. After tasting just a cup or two of my percolated coffee, Mr. B announced that he would prefer that I not make the coffee.

Undeterred, I tried Mr. Coffee. The brew was better, but still a long way from perfect. Then my family gave me an beautiful stainless Braun coffee maker, complete with bean grinder. The coffee improved, but still wasn't on any coffee lover's Hit Parade.

Four years ago, when a friend brewed me a cup of coffee in his Keurig 'single serve' machine, I was smitten with the new coffee technology. The coffee was perfect...perfect every time. Finally, after dropping several hundred hints, this Christmas Santa Claus brought me a Keurig (along with several varieties of coffee.)

Making that perfect up of coffee at our coffee station
And at last, I've mastered the art of the perfect cup of coffee...and it's so easy. Instead of bean grinding, measuring, etc., it's just insert a coffee pod and push a button. We are in coffee heaven!

In fact, our kitchen has The Coffee Station, complete with a tray of coffee pods (hot chocolate and tea pods too), several different types of sugars, spoons, and, of course, the station's star - the Keurig.

Time to go brew a cup of coffee. With the Keurig, I'm sure the coffee is going to be perfect.






No comments:

Post a Comment